November 15, 2011

Patisserie

Patisserie No. 5
Angelina
226, Rue de Rivoli, 1st Arr.

With an adorable Belle Epoque interior and reputation to boot, Angelina's has become a new favorite cliche. Rarely does one hear or see a native Parisian dining at this establishment- it is as if this little cafe was meant strictly for tourists alike. At first, I hesitated to give in. I want to patisserie as the Parisians patisserie- not as the vacationers do! And being that I'm not a chocoholic, their speciality Mont Blanc and Le Chocolat Africain was not an enticing factor. Then I reconsidered. After all, this joint has been open since 1903. They've got to be doing something right. Thank the lord I did. The cream and meringue mont blanc piped with mounds of not too sweet chestnut cream is now my new craving. They deserve every little bit of hype. It was so good I had to make an additional trip to try something new.

Patisserie Purchase: Mont Blanc
Cost: 550

Patisserie Purchase: Ghiza Natsu
Cost: 6










The mont blanc- delish. The cherry/green tea roulade- heavenly. The African hot chocolate- thick enough you could eat it with a spoon (but worth trying). Do the tourist thing and grab a table here.

Scale from ONE to TEN:
EIGHT


No comments:

Post a Comment