November 29, 2011

Patisserie

Patisserie No. 7
Arnaud Delmontel
39, Rue des Martyrs, 9th Arr.

Situated towards the top of the hill of Rue des Martyrs, Arnaud Delmontel is a hidden little gem. They have  baked goods of all kind scattered throughout the store and near impossible to choose what you want before you get to the front of the line. House special is the financiers. Therefore, a snagged me a raisin, anise and fig one as well as a lemon tart.

Patisserie Purchased: Tarte au Citron
Cost: 550

Patisserie Purchased: Financier aux Raisin
Cost: 230










I couldn't help but bust out the raisin financier before I got home. It was so delish! It was the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Crunchy yet pliable outside with a delicate raisin and fig studded inside. But unfortunately by the time I got back to the apartment my tarte au citron was smushed. QUEL DOMMAGE! The tarte was average at best. But I would definitely come back her to stock up on those 'raisin bread sticks'

Scale from ONE to TEN:
SIX

No comments:

Post a Comment